Sunday, February 10, 2013

Over a year out.

It has now been over a year since I had the reversal surgery to hook my small intestines back to my colon. It has not been the easiest year but I feel so good I can't complain too much. The year has not been easy because I have to go to the bathroom so much. I have had days where 25 BM's was the challenge of the day. On the other hand I have had days when I did not go at all, but that is very rare. Lately however, it seems to be settling down to around 10 maybe. Seems like after I have breakfast I have to go a few times, lunch will have the same occurrence and evening after supper and while lying in bed I more go a few more times. They are all pain free. The consistency varies and that seems to depend upon what I eat, or how much. Our diet consists of meats for most meals, some starch, some veggies, and some sweets. I think the sweets are the biggest contributor. I can eat some vending machine pastries and if I do too much I end up with frequent trips to the bathroom and glue is the consistency making cleaning yourself a difficult, messy task. 

I do wear a pad during the day, if I am at work. I do not have accidents, but I have had and a pad just provides some insurance. If I am at home I am usually just a few steps away from a bathroom so it is not a big deal.

I feel great. My enthusiasm for living has returned. I have been engaged in remodeling our back hall and stairway and it is a great deal of satisfaction to watch it come together. I do not work very fast, and I don't work in the evening so work days kill the work days at home. The project is coming along fine. I am delighted with the tools I have acquired over the years and now making use of so much. Life is great.

If I still continue to go to the bathroom quite frequently I'll be fine. I'm learning to adjust and am thankful for the health I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment