Friday, September 2, 2011

Want to know how it feels.

Just in case someone is curious what it is like to wear an ostomy bag I would suggest the following. I have an iliostomy which is considered temporary for my specific cancer issue. So the stoma or opening that the small intestine pokes through to the outside world is on my lower right side. I suggest you take a baggie, fill it half way with water and put it in your right pants pocket. If you want to be more realistic tape it to your side with some duct tape and peel it off every five days. Be sure to wear it to bed at night, it really screws up your sleep positions. Plus it crinkles from time to time. You might want to blow some air into it to simulate gas. It puffs up real nice under your pants make you look like you have all of a sudden grown some odd shaped tumor. Ah yes, ain't life grand. Its OK, it is temporary, I hope. But keep in mind all of the folks that wear a permanent bag. You would get used to it I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment