Monday, April 6, 2015

Week 2, Day 3 at home

Survived the weekend. Had a ham lunch on Sunday, it was one of the spiral, honey, sweet ham's. While the meat was good Terry wanted to make some gravy and the gravy came out like candy, it was not good. However the green beans were tasty and the mashed potatoes OK.

I have started taking Melatonin to help me sleep at night. It seems to work. I wait until about 8 - 9 PM and take two 6 mg tablets and chase with water. With in a little while it is lights out and while I wake to use the bathroom, or wake several time a night just to look around I go back to sleep and usually sleep till Terry wakes. For the most part I feel rested and because it kind of puts me down I don't have to deal with the evil genies.

For some reason today feels like a step backward. I am feeling week, tired and rundown. I can try to lie down but I usually just lay there awake with my mind wandering about my universe. However, I did complete the PT exercises this morning and there have grown a bit more strenuous than last week.

It is still mentally tough, I want progress not a day backward. However when I have had surgical recovery in the past that has been how it has been. I would have a day that I would feel good, pumped up and perhaps over do, then the next day, oof!

Spring is here. The plum, cherries and peach trees have or are blossoming. Terry early flowers have come up and the progression moves along as the other flowers are starting to make their appearance. So I need to concentrate on that with I enjoy and perhaps my mood will lift too.

No comments:

Post a Comment